Youth Advocates are positive mentors who help guide and make a difference in teens' lives. We need a direct support professional to work on a casual basis with adolescents in a group home setting. This person would cover our on-call needs at our Arborvale location. Interested applicants must be available to work second shift and weekends on an as-needed basis. Additional opportunities may be available based upon performance.
- High school diploma or GED and one (1) year of work experience with children preferred.
- Sensitivity to service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Eligibility under current Pennsylvania legal and regulatory requirements.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- State Police, FBI, and Child Abuse clearances are required for this position and will be paid for by the agency, if necessary.
- Successful incumbent will be required to successfully complete the Safe Crisis Management curriculum.
- Must be at least 21 years of age per Department of Human Services regulations.